Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Before I slip quietly into the night

Before I slip quietly into the darkness of night.....I must whisper these thoughts to you.I'm not afraid to die....but choose the greater good to live.If by predestined circumstance you're reading this now, I've given the last measure I had to give.

As I pass from darkness into the light
It's important that I know you will be alright.
And to that end there are things that I want you to know.

From the first time I gazed upon your face, saw your beaming smile as you slowly came down the aisle, the excitement of our first birth and all the love that surrounds it, to my unrestrained pride as you continue to excel at all you attempt, I have loved you.

I will miss the softness and the smell of your hair as you lay in my arms talking, sharing, asking, quietly seeking approval for your thoughts and feelings. I will miss the strength of your conviction and your determination to right the wrongs of the world. But most of all, I loved you.

I will miss our quiet walks at sunrise on the beach, hand in hand, talking excitedly about the day's adventures. I will miss the cup of coffee, shared, amongst the planning for tomorrow. The breakfast on the lake as we cruise through the morning mist, early with the hungry birds and hopeful fisherman listening to the first signs of awakening from those still lazily in bed. The streaks of brialliant color as the sun warms the morning sky.

But long ago we knew that this moment would come. As I enter the warmth of the light I will begin the process of preparing for your coming. Do not be in a hurry nor be afraid, for I will always be here. I loved you in this life and will love you again when we are joined forever together.

Before I slip quietly into the light these thoughts I must whisper to you.

I love you darling girl, I truly do.

"Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment